Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:11:55 GMT
>>When U.S. beekeepers are out of business  maybe China will send hives to pollinate our crops.

Anybody know what races of bees the Chinese keep and how they cope with varroa?

Recently there were a couple of articles in ABJ on the nectar sources in China.  One mentioned that 'western bees' often died en masse - unlike the Chinese bees - when some nectar source bloomed in very cold weather.

Waldemar