Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 17:34:38 -0600
I think, and of course my opinion (and when have I kept it in it's cage!),
that referring to it as RN/IBCLC is not only dangerous, but short sighted,
exclusionary, and down right offensive.  Not that we need to rehash the
whole education vs. experience debate, but letters after your name,
regardless of the profession do nothing to further your cause as a person to
me, here especially.  We are all on this list to learn more about helping
moms breastfeed, and THAT is all that matters.  Now in regards to an
insurance company not reimbursing if you aren't an RN, well that's just a
load of bull.  Enough said.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and