Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2015 23:24:13 -0700
I learned of Lactnet when I studied for IBCLC exam through Vergie Hughes' online education site. I've so appreciated the wise words and non-judgmental sharing I've received here. I'm an OB nurse of 30 yrs, a Family Nurse Practitioner of 4 years, and an IBCLC of 2years.
My favorite posts?  I've found those from Dr. Anne Eglash and Dr. Frank Nice especially invaluable. I love that I can contact them directly for input into particular cases of mine -- they are very accessible and gracious.
I relish the  (typically non-judgmental) advice and sharing of experiences from everyone in the group --  from those that I consider "gurus" to the LCs that are new to practice. And I've discovered over and over through this group that ours is an evolving, dynamic field -- which I find at times exasperating, but always challenging and fulfilling.
I prefer Lactnet on email, and frequently search the archives.
Sincerely
Melinda Harris-Moulton, IBCLC, ARNP, FNP
Breastfeeding Medicine of South Sound
Olympia, WA

Sent from my iPad