From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:09:17 -0800
John Dalmas wrote:

>Andrys Basten wrote:
>
>>The very 2nd lp I bought was in the mid 50s, when, walking downtown I
>>heard the most wonderful "I heard the bells on Christmas Day,,,
>
>I wonder if this was Roger Wagner's album "Joy to the World," carols in
>arrangements by Wagner and Salli Terri.  A couple of years later a second
>Christmas lp came out entitled "It Came upon a Midnight Clear" with the
>Wagner Chorale, the Sinfonia of London and tenor soloist Richard Levitt
>in the "Sweet Little Jesus Boy" carol, evidently a favorite of Wagner's.

I looked for this for about 45 minutes, as I'd taken it out just before
Xmas and played it after using the new Nitty Gritty but now I can't find
it, so this is not very informative.  However, on the front cover is a
small group of singers with scarves around their necks, snow in the
background.  "I heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is sung with a large
orchestra and this piece as done on that album still resonates with me.
I can't even remember the other pieces, but there were normal Xmas carols
as well as, I think, the Drummer Boy, but I'm not sure.

"Andrys Basten" <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.andrys.com -Online resources
http://www.andrys.com/titanic.html - Titanic books