From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:24:04 -0400
Joe said:

> This is an assumption on your part.  There is nothing in
> your quoted material that should lead one to conclude that
> the Egyptian beekeepers were moving their hives to cover
> a specific crop.

Sure there is - they had moved their hives, and then had
their donkeys conscripted for "public service" for 18 days.
They complained that they had only agreed to the loan of
the donkeys for 10 days.  Therefore, this was a planned
10-day placement of the hives, no more.

Clearly, the bees were being placed for a specific bloom.
A bloom that was over in about 10 days.

> I will say that you are in extreme error here.
> This WAS seasonal movement of hives.
> And I will provide supporting evidence.

You'll need to obtain access to the originals, and
do your own translation then, as I can only rely upon
the translation done by Columbia U.

But the short-term nature of the placement, combined
with the threat by the growers to go ahead with THEIR
plan of action clearly indicates that both beekeepers
and growers had accepted a short-term placement of hives.

And of course Egypt had the ability to flood fields with the
usual ditch/dike irrigation methods for those fields not within
the floodplain of a river.  The mere fact that the beekeepers
say that the GROWERS are planning to "flood their fields"
clearly indicates that these are irrigated fields, rather than
floodplain land.