From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:48:24 -0600
Hello All,
Because of a post on the Florida's Beekeepers site about my comments on
BEE-L I will add further as will be cross posted.

I do not believe the packer price quote of .83 cents at the New York dock
for Argentine honey posted at the AHPA web site. I do not believe U.S.
packers are going to move to buying U.S. honey at a buck a pound in the next
few weeks ( like the AHPA site suggests). If happens I will gladly post I
was wrong and the list can hold me to say so!

I believe they are stocked up with foreign honey. A quick call to an
employee of a large packer confirmed he is.

Bulk prices quoted from packers in our area have run from .45 (unconfirmed
by word of mouth) to .55 lb. (confirmed by talks with the commercial
beekeeper trying to sell a semi of drums) to talks with packer buyers saying
they are offering prices in the .60 - .65 cent range (for water white).

If I see an upward movement in packer pricing then I will post.  Several of
my friends have hundreds of barrels they would like to move as soon as
prices move above the cost of production to clear space for the coming crop.

Bob