From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:38:01 -0700
> There is no evidence in Europe to suggest they are any less valuable
> than wooden on the second hand market. In some parts, such as
> Scandinavia, this market has reversed, and polystyrene hives are now the
> thing, and wooden are hard to shift.

One thing about polystyrene is that it does not breathe at all.  I wonder
what kind of entrance4 reducers you use and if you use top ventilation
and/or flight holes.

I know that in Europe, in some regions where polystyrene hives are common,
that beekeepers don't use top entrances.

 What are your thoughts?  Maybe Mats and P-O and others might comment too.

allen