From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:38:01 -0400
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Sure there is - they had moved their hives, and then had
>their donkeys conscripted for "public service" for 18 days.
>They complained that they had only agreed to the loan of
>the donkeys for 10 days.  Therefore, this was a planned
>10-day placement of the hives, no more.
>
>Clearly, the bees were being placed for a specific bloom.
>A bloom that was over in about 10 days.

Hello Jim,

OK
I got it!

You say:

<<bloom over in ten days>>, a total of
<<18 days have passed>>, and the farmers
<<wanted to burn the fields>>

What crop goes from bloom to fruit set and harvest in 18 days?
Tell us WHY they would burn the fields in 18 days, after the bloom and
before fruit set or harvest?
And then intentionally flood your crop?
Where they growing rice? ;)
Theres too many holes in your argument, and the evidence is not supporting
what you say!

It would make more sense that the hives were  brought in for bloom, months
earlier, left for the entire season, and now the donkeys are needed to
take them out before the Nile flooding and burning at the <<more logical
time>>, the end of the season.

Also, concerning the article,
I believe the article and those here have perhaps interpreted the
situation wrongly.
As politics goes,
Many here are damning the growers for threatening the burn the hives.
I see it differently.
I would offer up the logical explanation that the growers where actually
on the side of, and in support the beekeepers.  And both were bluffing a
threat to the government of burning, flooding and loss of taxes in order
that the donkeys be returned promptly before the Nile flooding.
You have *beekeepers, *growers, and the *government.
Only 2 of the above would make the more logical allies. ;)

If a grower is not your friend, then you have your hives on the wrong
property!

Why do you make the growers the enemy in this case, when clearly they were
on the side of the beekeepers.
Don’t you guys know politics works! ;)

The mere fact that the beekeepers
>say that the GROWERS are planning to "flood their fields"
>clearly indicates that these are irrigated fields, rather than
>floodplain land.

You need to produce some evidence supporting that is was ‘planned
flooding’, because you need to show that you are presenting the evidence
in its original context.

In either event,
that you say bloom time to burn time was 18 days, this MUST be in error,
therefore reason to suspect ALL you evidence may be in error.

Back to the drawing board.  ;)

Joe