From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:42:40 -0500
>Hmm. If you are going to make recommendations on the use of drugs in syrup
you might want to take the trouble to learn how to convert liters and
gallons.

That's what I was asking PB.

Did you convert the Canada info for me? Not to worry as a list member did
the complete conversion for my talk except for the drench which I will work
out as soon as I finish this post.

I have had most my questions answered off list.

The question now is if 2 g. in a liter recommended for drench on the Canada
label is a higher dose than when fed in 2 gallons of feed or the same.

label in gallons is:

one 9.5 bottle (454 G.) in 44 gallons of 1-1 syrup. However the way I mix is
by placing the fumidil in approx 88 gallons of syrup ( advice Mid Con) but
some fed the 44 gallon and follow with a 44 gallon of plain  `1-1 syrup.

I now drench only as cheaper with better results.

My talk is Oct. 6th. at 7PM in Lawrence, Kansas at the library. The meeting
is the meeting of the Northeast Kansas Beekeepers. I rarely give talks and
have turned down talks all over the country but close friends twisted my
arm.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

Still using gallon & pound measures. Not familiar with liters and Imperial
gallons unless a calculator is handy.

Ps.
Thanks to Randy Oliver, Kim Flottum and Nick Behrens for their informative
emails. Randy Oliver's upcoming Bee Culture article ( Nosema ceranae -Not
your fathers nosema) is most informative and I thank Randy for sending. The
news from Kim Flottum is shocking concerning the length of time nosema
ceranae has been in the U.S. but will let Kim Flottum break the news in his
next column in Bee Culture.
Beekeeping knowledge is changing fast concerning nosema ceranae. According
to the facts Kim Flottum shared and after reading Randys next article one
part of Randys article is dated already concerning the amount of time nosema
ceranae has been in the U.S.

I also received an email from Kevin Hackett ( USDA-ARS Senior National
Program leader) saying the Tucson Bee Lab is working hard to find the
answers to my questions about *why* bees live half as long when fed HFCS as
compared to sucrose. Kevin says he hopes to have reliable results within the
next few months.