From:
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:44:38 -0600
At 01:19 PM 5/24/1999 GMT+0200, you wrote:

Honey bees steal (or borrow) wax from one part of the hive to use in
another = or at least that is the net result.  We have seen bees during a
heavy nectar flow tear down new foundation to repair and cap old comb.  It
like they decide to stop the new construction and focus on storing the
harvest - and since space is limited, they use some of the comb that they
were building to fix the old.  Appears to be quicker to fix up existing
comb than to finish building new comb.