From:
Karen Oland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:31:03 -0400
Actually, Fishers is available from at least one bee supply place, since
that is where I got mine. Since my bees are in afternoon shade, it didn't
work very well, despite temps in 90's.  The smell is strong oil of almonds,
with a little cherry overtone (almost exactly like an almond oil hand creme
from Burt's Bees).  So, I tried a different approach on some other hives. A
screen escape used for 48 hrs, so there were fewer bees in the supers -- it
did run the last ones out pretty quick. After removing the super from the
hive and setting off on a cover for a few seconds, most of the last ones ran
off and showed no sign of wanting back in.

At the very least, it was a pleasant smelling afternoon.

-Karen