From:
Paul Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:10:30 +0100
The web site for Fischer's Bee-Quick is at:

http://www.bee-quick.com/

I bought some from Thornes of Wragby and used it to clear some of my supers
about a month ago. It seemed to work alright. I was intrigued, however, when
plywood boards that I had sprayed with "bee quick" were left in the apiary
to air. On a subsequent visit, I observed quite a few bees licking at the
boards. I communicated this observation with the manufacturers who were as
suprised as I was. The best explaination that they were able to come up with
was that the sugar residue from the extracts used in bee quick had attacted
the bees. Very strange!

Paul Walton
Bedfordshire, England

Sharon Labchuk asks:" What's in Fischer's Bee-Quick and other such
repellants?".