From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2019 10:35:04 -0800

> >Any  conservationist complaining about introduced honey bees better take
> a hard look at themselves.

I agree, and I do.  That doesn't mean that we can't try to be better
coinhabitants of the Earth.  For example, in California there are areas
where Bighorn Sheep populations are endangered.  The sheep are dependent
upon a few small water holes.  If a beekeeper places a hundred hives
nearby, the sheep won't drink during the day (if there's any water left).
In this example, one could reasonably argue for an exclusion of commercial
apiaries within 5 miles of the water hole in order to allow a population of
a native mammal to continue to survive.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA