From:
Alan Pagliere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:22:38 -0400
>I'm still new to handling bees and find myself clumsy when handling the
>frames. I find my bees(Italian) are very patient with me. On several
>Buddy Gauthier

        I am new to handling bees too, and though I envy you your bees'
gentleness, I must say that the most useful tool I have found so far is
the frame grip (fram gripper, frame grabber, whatever it's called).
        I don't know whether my appreciation for this tool is a clear
indication of my novice status, but I just loosen the frame from position
with the hive tool in one hand and then easily, gently, with no chance of
losing hold of the thing, lift the frame right out. I can hold the frame
with one hand, examine it easily, etc.
        For around $8 - $10, you might give it a try.

|              Alan Pagliere               |
|              Ann Arbor, MI               |
|     http://www.umich.edu/~pagliere/      |