From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2019 01:30:16 +0000
"I quoted a recent paper; I have no beliefs on the “species question”"

As I understand your references what you actually quoted was a recent book that referred to genetics papers that are 20 years old.  A 20 year old paper on genetics is ancient history and likely has little or no current meaning in terms of the species question. For perspective that is just about when the announcement was made that we knew the human genome after spending a couple of billion $.  About two weeks after that announcement everyone knew that the genome published was so riddled with errors as to be totally useless and no one ever looked at that data again as it was time to go back to the lab to generate proper data.  Since then there have been several announcements that we now finally know the human genome.  Someday that announcement will even be correct.  I doubt if the last such announcement will prove correct if I simply bet based on history.

I do not care of cattle and bison can freely interbreed and produce F1s that are fertile.  They are not the same species.

Dick