Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2019 05:51:48 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
a Bill Hesbach snip followed by > my comment.... 
Wow!! I just can't believe that this represents anything but a very small and insignificant minority of almond pollinators. If the majority worked this way, the US almond industry could not function. 

>I would have HOPED for the same thing Bill but after venturing over towards the commercial folks part of the building I am not so hopeful.  Some brag about using a product they call 'magic'.  I am guessing this is code for Tactic which is obtain via international channels so the buyer cannot be easily identified.  One might guess that the intermediate and long term consequence of their action has NOT been considered.  You also have to wonder if they consider the potential risk to themselves, their families and their employees???

>Then Randy O. brings up the insurance angle which promotes a bit of smoke and mirrors for the growers to obtain insurance proceeds.  At least according to Randy (with which I am NOT in disagreement) this FUNCTIONING does not even require bees but only wood wares.

>Unethical or even illegal behavior has no bearing on whether an industry will or will not function.  < Basically you can find many examples of industries that do operate under these condition but certainly HOW they operate is different.  Jim F. has provide one example of which there are many many more.

>In economic terms the law making a long list of things illegal (drugs, sex, guns) simply places a RENT on those items.  With Rent in economic jargon meaning $ above and beyond any reasonable level of profit... to the point the term has a much different meaning than the commonly accepted meaning of the word. 

Gene in Central Texas...

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2