From:
Ruth Askren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:08:41 -0700
Has anyone here found any method of applying miticides which employs a
solid board above the broodnest or another mechanism to block the treatment
vapors from entering the honey supers? Here in Southern California I
treated with formic in November/December  and now find some hives with high
counts again. My honey supers on, nectar flow is going, but now I must
choose between allowing them to make honey but crash at the end of spring,
or take away the product (honey- by applying thymol or OA) and let the hive
live on.

Also, I know a contingent of honey producers around here that insist that
OA is "edible", use it with honey supers and sell the honey, claiming it
has no detectable flavor. Obviously this is very "off label" but is there
support for this practice in the science-aware beekeeping community?

Thanks for your replies!
Ruth in L.A.