From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:52:12 -0500
This  message was  originally  submitted by  [log in to unmask] to
the
BEE-L list at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove most of the
previously
posted material.

----------------- Original message (ID=72542428) (86 lines)
-------------------
Date:         Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:30:24 -0500
From: Chuck Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Overwintering of Apistan Strips
To: [log in to unmask], Ozark Electronics <[log in to unmask]>

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:38:12 -0600, Ozark Electronics <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>What is the recommended application period for CheckMite+ ?

I am a licensed pesticide dealer in the state of North Carolina and can
only tell you what labeling for CheckMite+ applies in  my own state of
North Carolina, and Virginia and Iowa as I do not have documentation for
the state of Missouri.

CheckMite+ Bee Hive Pest Control Strip is "For USE ONLY UNDER SECTION 18
AUTHORIZATION".  Each state has its own specific labeling requirements as
specified by that state, and the labeling has in most cases a one year
lifetime. When you purchased your CheckMite+ the company that sold you the
CheckMite+ was supposed to enclose within the same package as the product a
4 page Instruction, this is called the "labeled Instruction".  I accessed
Bayer Corporation's website in the USA and under CheckMite+ found the
following:

"BAYER
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390
SHAWNEE MISSION
KS 66201-0390
USA  Customer Service Tel.: 800-633-3796
Customer Service Fax: 800-344-4219
Website: www.bayer-ah.com
The following information is from the most recent U.S.A. product
label/insert supplied to us by the Manufacturer/Distributor."

"---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----"

"CHECKMITE+(tm)
Bee Hive Pest Control Strip
For Control of Varroa Mites in Honeybee Colonies
For Use Only Under Section 18 Authorization

For information on the approval status of CheckMite+(tm) Bee Hive Pest
Control
Strip in your location and for the appropriate label information, please
contact
Mann Lake, Ltd. at 1-800-233-6663 or 1-800-880-7694 or e-mail

I suggest that you contact Mannlake at any of the above addresses or
numbers or by the above e-mail address.

By the way for North Carolina, Virginia, and Iowa the period of application
is not less than 42 days and not more than 45 days for Varroa mites and the
same period applies for treatment of the small hive beetle; however, I
strongly urge  for you to contact the distributor above or the folks that
sold you the CheckMite+ and get that 4 page labeling instruction....it is
important and in the USA it is required by Federal law to be in your
possession along with the CheckMite+ package at the time of application.

Regards,

Chuck Norton
Reidsville, NC