From:
"Paul D. Domich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:27:15 -0700
My question is whether apistan strips can be left in
the hive over the winter after the queen has finished
laying eggs for the year and removed months later
before the queen begins laying again.  My understanding
is that varroa mites build intolerance to apistan through
genetic mutations that would occur only when the queen is
laying eggs and not during the cold winter months.

thnx
Paul
Boulder, CO

email [log in to unmask]