From:
Sharon Labchuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:19:38 -0300
I've wanted to get away from using environmentally toxic stuff, like paint,
on my hives and recently learned of a product advertised as a non-toxic
wood preservative.  It's called LifeTime Wood Treatment and is distributed
by a reputable company called Natural Insect Control in Ontario, Canada. I
spoke to the owner and she says she's been using it on outdoor,
above-ground wood for 7 years or so and is happy with it so far.

The company that makes the stuff - Valhalla Wood Preservatives in Calgary,
Alberta - claims in their literature that the product has been used by
Parks Canada for over 8 years in several national parks, the British
Columbia Ministry of Transportation approved the use of LifeTime for
signage, the City of Calgary is using it for roadside sound barriers, and
the Nova Scotia government is testing it on picnic tables in Provincial Parks.

It's claimed to be made from natural ingredients. The price is affordable
and it's available in stores across Canada or by mail order from Natural
Insect Control.  I purchased some and did a picnic table and some hive
boxes.  There is no smell to it and wood turns a weathered gray within a
few minutes of application.

Natural Insect Control:

www.natural-insect-control.com

Sharon Labchuk