From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 16:52:03 PST
Michelle you say
<< The health prof. job is to ask lots of questions to ascertain how
well things are going, schedule freq wt checks when there is any
question of how things are going, and always see the baby rather than
doing all counseling over the phone.   That's it in a nutshell. >>
Boy, that bears repeating, so I quoted it above. I like that style. You
are so right. It would be so much better, we could fix problems quicker
and use our time more effectively if we could SEE the moms a day or two
after discharge, like the AAP recommends in its Dec 97 policy, instead
of spending hours on the phone with them. I hope to institute this at
our hospital some day soon. I heard Molly Pessl speak at our LLCA conf
in New Orleans about the RN/IBCLC run clinic which sees dyads on day 3/4
I think, which is very successful and would be a great model for others.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, SE USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]