From:
Rhoda Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:05:33 -0800
I can buy both of these items at our local pharmacies. The only change is in
the boxes (sigh). The base of the nipple shields is still made of glass. We
bring them to the attention of the retailers but the ordering is done in a
central location by computor. Any time an item is checked out the computor
tracks the sale and orders a replacement. Soooo. Ghosts must move them to
the back of the lowest shelf in an unrelated section.  In truth I have often
convinced a store manager to place the items behind the counter so people
must specifically ask for them but the rotation of staff is such that a few
months later the items reappear and the education must start again. If only
we could affect the department which does the ordering. In some cases that
department is 3,000 miles away and staff turnover is as frequent there. Deep
sigh...it is the same with cans of powdered goats milk intermixed in the
formula section.
Rhoda Taylor, B.A., I.B.C.L.C., Vancouver Island, Canada
Help celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human
Rights.
                            Visit www.amnesty.ca