From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:56:13 -0500
Hi Riva,
That is right. This much sleepiness is not normative.

You said "The idea about something in the air is interesting....Both times
I went there, ...i started to sniffle and went home with a sore throat and
runny nose which cleared up a few hours after I returned home......"

As to the remote possibility that something is in the air, in the USA there
are inexpensive carbon monoxide monitors, similar to the small smoke
detectors we place in our homes. I guess that is what I might try. Blood
tests will show levels of these materials in the blood. Kathleen
suggested sepsis and that is a possibility. Has the baby ever had fever or
looked dusky or mottled?. The baby could also have a heart condition and
conserves energy except for feeds. In any case, a good examination is in
order.
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC