Philip Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 22:07:17 -0500
Denise
From what you describe it sounds like the stress is not being
addressed adequately.  I also think that there is too much emphasis on
equipment, pumping, measuring etc.  All of these interventions often
increase stress level.  Have you tried the 72 hour bedrest
treatment? - No other activity but nursing - mom bare from waist up- baby
in only a diaper - tucked into bed together.  If the mom has someone who
can take care of her and the house this often works wonders.  It is
important to emphasize that this is a short-term treatment.  I would also
be tempted to eliminate pumping and syringes etc. for these few days
while continuing to monitor urine and stool output carefully for 1 week.

Sarah Friend Barnett, LLLL, IBCLC
Bronx (New York City), New York