Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 20:13:48 -0600

>Here's the situation:  A toddler (around 18 mo.) has been diagnosed with
>having a herpes sore inside his mouth, on his gum.  Currently that
>diagnosis may be questionable, as the doctor has most recently said that
>it's a 50% chance that it's herpes, whereas initially, he was quite
>certain it was.  Well, the mom has not stopped nursing and doesn't plan
>to, but she would still like any info available on this.

Canker sores are of the herpes virus.  Likely this is such a sore, very
common in the mouth and not to be alarmed about.  The mouth always has the
potential, and a bump with toothbrush or such can cause a sore. There are
numerous remedies.  The one we use at our house is Llysine.  I'm sure the
Net will reveal other effective ones.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee
mailto:[log in to unmask]