Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lee-Ann Halbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:41:44 -0700
Hi, all,
My 5 and 10 y.o. daughters were watching "Ms Fitness Olympia" on the
television last night (don't ask why...).  This is a contest for serious
bodybuilders...I mean serious...and there was an interesting commercial
for a body building food supplement.  A man spoke about the perfect food
being "mother's milk"  (okay, not the word breastmilk, but close).  He
held up a flask with what we were led to believe was human milk, and
talked about how perfect it is for growing bodies, etc.  He went on to
say his lab (A. Scott Connelly) has developed the perfect body building
food for serious muscle pushers, and continued to sell his product.  I
didn't hear if he was trying to replicate what is in human milk, but he
did mention the "thousands" of components of milk that make it so unique,
healthful, etc.  I wonder if any body builders would take this to the
next step and decide to breastfeed their babies based on his testimony.
In all seriousness, I do wonder if people who treat their bodies so
reverently are more likely to do the same (by breastfeeding) for their
babies.
Lee-Ann