From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 09:33:46 +0300
We made a new and lasting friendship a few years ago when a friend invited
us to dinner to meet new arrivals to our area. Our friend is a fantastic
cook and she served an amazing dessert to which she offered the option of
adding ice cream.  She brought out of her freezer the groumet ice cream
manufactured by  "You Know Who"
I didn`t want to offend her so tried to tell her in good humour that I don`t
eat products of that company and the new man in our group asked me why.  I
then went into my spiel about harming babies in the third world - and
elsewhere - and all their unethical marketing practices and watched as a big
smile covered his face.  He had come to Israel to take on the job of
financial director of a local dairy whose ice cream is the main competitor
to "You Know Who."  He said that was a good enough reason to buy his ice
cream and not that of his competitor.
There was no objection from the other diners around the table.  We all
continued discussing unethical marketing while noshing on the dessert but
some did avoid the ice cream!

Wendy Blumfield
NCT UK Prenatal Tutor/Breastfeeding Counsellor
Israel Childbirth Education Centre