From:
Kimberly Radtke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:51:20 -0400
Re: Lisa's post below about her leaving her lactation job....

"lisa jones RN IBCLC RLC <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Leaving and Thanks

I will be leaving the position of Lactation Consultant here at Madigan
Army Medical Center October 1st and return to a staff nurse position
within our NICU. Hopefully the new LC will join the list to get the same
insights and support as I have recieved from you all......."

Madigan Army Medical Center, located at Ft. Lewis, (Tacoma, WA) is the
first Army Medical Center to develop a position for a full time Lactation
Consultant. This job description has been accepted and formalized for use
within the Department of Defense Civilian Personnel Office. I'm sure it is
impart due to Lisa’s presence and expertise that Madigan has a 95%
breastfeeding initiation rate.

Lisa's work had contributed significantly to our community. In part due to
her work, Madigan Army Medical Center and Ft. Lewis were awarded
the "Outstanding Employer Award" by the Breastfeeding Coalition of WA and
Healthy Mother's, Healthy Babies Coalition of WA in 2003. To read more
about this including the unique support  provided to breastfeeding soldiers
in the field go to: http://www.hmhbwa.org/forprof/BCW/awards.htm.

Lisa, I am relieved you will still be in the area and will continue to take
care of moms and babes. Your knowledge, kindness and work with the military
is not only important, it is invaluable.

With respect,

Kimberly Radtke, Coordinator
Breastfeeding Coalition of WA