Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 23:43:18 EDT
In a message dated 00-04-05 19:31:32 EDT, Querida writes:

<<
 Does anyone have information on 'siamese' twins and breastfeeding? Websites,
 case studies, experience - anything at all...
 Thanks >>

About 3 years ago I was watching the evening news about the birth of
conjoined twins at one of  the hospitals in my area.  I sat there and prayed,
"please don't call me for breastfeeding - I haven't a clue about conjoined
twins!"  Sure enough next day I got a call and wound up learning an
incredible amount about that particular case plus something about c-twins in
general.
First of all, where are they joined, do they share common organs,  just need
alot more info before venturing too far into the waters.  BTW those twins
were sucessfully separated and went on to breastfeed for over a year for one
and nearly 2 years for the other!

Gretchen Andrews, BA, IBCLC
private practice, Redlands, CA, USA