Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:49:58 -0400
Bonny,

This is horrible.

I am guessing that the missing "H" is husbandry.

This organization is truly training little dairy council members.  Each
and every one of those children present was given a shocking lesson
today by the judge on how "disgusting and anti-social" breastfeeding
is.  Anything the kid said in her talk is gone.  The only thing they
will remember is her shame.  I bet not one of them will consider
breastfeeding.

In all honesty, the judge was probably acting from his own embarrasment
and the way he was raised.  Even if the child had talked about sex or
something the organization feels is inappropriate she should not have
been shamed in front of the other children.  This was handled
incorrectly.  That judge needs to grow up before he should be allowed to
be in a position to take care of or influence children.

Give us more details and tell us where to write our letters.

Lorraine

PS  When my daughter studied mammals in school they weren't even told
that the definition of a mammal is that they give milk to their young.
They just talked about having hair and being warm-blooded... I was going
through a hard time with my daughter, first grade, convincing her that
her teacher was not god-like and did indeed make mistakes, spelling,
grammar, etc sometimes.  Everyone does.  When I brought it up with the
teacher she agreed that this was true and helped me to convince Sara,
but she didn't bother correcting the rest of the class.