From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:12:08 PDT
Janet
Years ago at my nicu/intermediate unit, we used to admit the mother baby
couplets to peds. we were right on the same floor w/ them, in fact right
next door and we actually staffed for these pts. I don't know if that is an
option but it worked well for us. Sometimes a very small room can be created
(walled off area) actually in the nicu/ or step down nursery. Here the mom
can care for the baby pretty independently but staff is right there if
needed. See if any of this can be worked out. It is definitley needed for
the transition to home.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, s.e. USA