From:
Christine Bodin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:38:31 +0000
I remember reading a study somewhere that mothers who were working and pumping their milk breastfed longer if they started solids a little early to suppliment an incomplete supply of breastmilk rather than supplimenting with formula during the time that they were away from their baby.

It made sense to me. The mother still has the mentality that she is successfully breastfeeding her baby when all she is doing is introducing solids whereas she is in the mentality that breastfeeding is not working as well as it should be when she is adding formula.

Chrissy Bodin