Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 22:05:55 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
From Rachel,
I went to a forum for hairdressers. This product is indeed very dangerous. Many refuse to use it b/c you need a vapor capture system and so many clients have had adverse reactions while it is being applied and on the following day. There was a comment that ingredients lists are vague and not trustworthy. I think about it this way--there are so many poisons in infant cord blood and human milk b/c we dump pharmaceuticals, "beauty care products" and the run off from factory farming into the environment. I believe it could easily find its ways into mom's bloodstream and hence her milk supply---but it will also find its way there through environmental irresponsibility that comes from using dangerous products and having no thought for where they end up. I send moms the the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep link, so that they can understand why they need to get chemicals out of their households and off their bodies and their children's bodies.

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

David Bratt asks: "Anybody know any reason why a BF mom should not "straighten" her hair with "Keratin Complex smoothing therapy" by COPPOLA?" 

I don't know anything about the product, but can't imagine that the substance itself would find its way into her milk, but on the level of pure principle, maybe she should refrain, to avoid passing along her dissatisfaction with her not-straight hair to her child?  

Rachel Myr
firmly committed to letting her hair do what it wants, being too lazy to deal with the upkeep in any other scenario
Kristiansand, Norway

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2