Mary-Anne Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:59:02 -0800
Hello all!

I have a question from a mom with a 3 week old.  Mom has been on 150mg of
vanlafaxine (ESSESOR) since pregnancy (antidepressant)  Baby shows
evidence of BM jaundice (when BF discontinued for 1 day bilirubin levels
drop, when she resumes BF levels rise)  Level is 300.  Question is could
the medication have anything to do with the jaundice.  I have checked
Hale (1997) and Briggs (1994) and could not find anything.

Thanks

Mary-Anne Taylor, BED, IBCLC
North Vancouver, BC  CANADA

PS:  Does anyone have Hale's email address - or if he is listening could
he reply   thanks