From:
"C. Ione Sims" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 17:20:18 -0700
To Jeffrey Fouche who wrote of his wife's difficulties with not having a
place to pump or support for breastfeeding at her university, I can
commiserate. Ten years ago, I faced a similar struggle with a nursing
baby. Another option is check with the School of Nursing (no pun
intended). I had to go to Case Western Reserve University last May to
take a course needed to complete my MSN.  While there, I noticed that
a room to pump had been set up and was in part related to a research
project done by one of the grad students, I think.  Anyway, it was nice
to see that this existed.  Perhaps you and your wife should explore ways
of possibly networking with other moms who have breastfeeding babies and
who are students. I am sure they are out there. Perhaps, together you
could document the "need" to provide a comfortable place to pump and
store milk and perhaps engage in a little activism?