From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:06:07 -0400
share with TTBN:
LLLI Center for Breastfeeding Information

Journal Abstract of the Month for February 2007
"Why We Develop Food Allergies"
Author: Per Brandtzaeg
American Scientist. 2007 Jan/Feb 95: 28-35
__________

share on lactnet:

http://www.lalecheleague.org/docs/founders_bio1.pdf

When asked about challenges she and the other
Founders faced when they started La Leche League,
Mary Ann (Kerwin) commented, "The main challenge was
women's attitude toward breastfeeding. Women would
ask us, 'Why would you want to do that [breastfeed]?'"
When the Founders would talk to women
about breastfeeding, one of the replies they got was,
"I will try, but I know I won't succeed!" Mary Ann
added that there was a strong negative societal environment
related to breastfeeding. She ended with
the words "We trusted our instincts and followed
our hearts, and very soon we knew we were right!"
_____

share on chemung Vally chat list:
Founders' bios
http://www.lalecheleague.org/docs/founders_bio1.pdf