Becky Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 16:25:58 -0500
I am the mom of two little girls that were completely breastfed until age
8 months.  Starting at the age of 2 months they both started
spontaineously sleeping through the night.  I did not use any techniques
or tricks.  They had no formula or cereal.  Meanwhile I have a close
freind with two little boys the same ages as my girls (only days apart)
who never slept through the night not even once before the age of 16
months.  The 20 month old is still waking.  She never breastfed them and
started solids at 2 months hoping to get some sleep.  I have two
theories. The first is that every child is different and no matter how
much or what you feed them if they are going to wake up they are going to
wake up.  The other is that boys are much more wakeful at night than
girls in the first year or so.  I have heard somewhere that the nervous
system of a little boy is more immature than those of a baby girl.  I
have no data or references only my observations from my babies, my
friends babies and the babies of my students ( I teach Bradley too).

Becky Hanson, BA, LLLI, AAHCC, ICEA & MOM X 2