Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 13:06:48 -0500
To add to the list of why newborns lose weight - one of my alltime BIG
complaints - putting babies under warmers because their body temp is down
(you know that must cause dehydration) - instead of giving them to their
wonderful "natural" mom heater.
Wish me luck - I am inservicing staff Tueday re: cup feeding (actually had
one very resistant nurse try cup feeding a baby this morning and she was
very surprised and pleased that it worked so well!! (baby is staying in
hospital for a couple of days of IV antibiotics - mom pumping, feeding EBM)
- thankfully, baby was a great "sipper"!!
Dianne Kemp