From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 22:18:41 +1000
I'm behind with reading my posts and am now "nomail"  However, in response to Dawn's query, the sharing of breastfeeding between family and friends is now often called "cross-feeding" ("cross-nursing" in North America), so that the term "wet nursing" can be reserved for when someone is employed to breastfeed a baby.  Before the new term was coined, the term "wet nursing" was sometimes used loosely, to include informal arrangements.  This can make some old texts and accounts ambiguous.

Sorry, I don't have a waiver form.  Perhaps you can adapt another form?

As I am "nomail", please copy any replies to me privately.

Virginia

Virginia Thorley, OAM, PhD, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant (original cohort of 1985).
Cultural Historian of the History of Medicine.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Date:    Wed, 7 May 2008 11:48:44 -0400
From:    Dawn Staudt-Vanek

I work in a hospital that is moving towards being baby friendly and makin=
g big=20
changes to policies to support the early breastfeeding experience. Does=20=

anyone working in a hospital environment have a waiver for moms who want=20=

to have a family member/friend provide direct nursing to an inhouse infan=
t? I'd=20
really appreciate any assistance. Thanks, Dawn Staudt-Vanek BSN, IBCLC