From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 13:23:04 -0700
Hi All,
Quick question about Gentian Violet.  THe client I had whose baby has a
yeastie bottom decided to try using GV rather than spending $40 on a Drs
visit and $18 for Nystatin.  Well, PJ has a yeastie bottom now too and we
are going to try the GV (A whopping $2.39 a bottle!).  Anyway, I read in
Jack's paper on GV to use 1% on water.  What we could find was 2% in alcohol
10%.  Niether the mom or I have ever used GV, so we are in this together.
:)  Do we dilute this stuff somehow or use it straight?  And, if either kid
shows signs of thrush orally, same question...dilute it?  So far, neither
baby nor us moms have shown any other signs of thrush (Thank God!) it is
just on their bottoms.
TIA for the help!

Jay
Looking forward to painting her kids butt purple!  He has been a pain in MY
butt the last couple of days...exerting his 16.5 mo old independence and
attitude.  Absolutley refuses to stay out of the video tapes and screams
like he's being beaten half to death if I pick him up and move him away.
Hmmm...seems I remember my mom telling me a similar story about me and the
TV when I was his age...
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."
LACTNET Quilt Raffle  Check out the web page then e-mail me at
[log in to unmask] for where to send for your tickets!