From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:56:13 -0700
Hi All,
Rob, I have seen this with other moms as well as myself.  Multi-vitamins (or
even cereals like Total or Product 19 with lots of vitamins in them) give me
technicolor yellow urine and turn my milk a yellowish color.  Seems to be
common and harmless, at least no one I have talked to about this has ever
had any problems with it.  Babies did not exhibit any reactions or anything
like that.

On the topic of yeast...have a client with a 15 mo old whose diaper area
suddenly developed red raised bumps (the size of the bumps are about the
size of a pin head).  It has been way too long since I have seen a yeastie
diaper area...could this be yeast?  Mom is concerned because the last thing
she wants to do is have to treat for thrush again.  No antibiotics within
the last 6 mo, the only difference is that baby has had a bit more sugary
foods than normal.  Has tried Desitin and air drying with no improvement and
rash seems to be getting gradually worse as the days go by (has had the rash
for 4 days now). So, while she is waiting for a Drs appointment for
verification, can you shed some light for me?  Oh, baby does not seem to be
bothered by this rash.

TIA!
Jay
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, CA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."
LACTNET Quilt Raffle  Check out the web page then e-mail me at
[log in to unmask] for where to send for your tickets!