Margot Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 18:31:27 -0500
 to serve LLL again in the APL (Area
>Professional Liaison) dept.  I am concerned about possible conflicts with
>my "just starting" private LC practice
>I would appreciate any input on the conflicts this position may have with
>my business
Marie, as an APL it's the leaders who will be talking to you, isn't it? The
conflict would arise if you talk directly to the mothers and recommend your
services. However, if you feel the need to recommend LC services &/or pump
rental and you are talking to a leader I don't see the conflict unless you
are the only one in town to provide those services.
I was an AAPL and in private practice for a while and I was the only LC in
my area for a while. Also, the mothers themselves often rang me directly
and that presented me with a problem. But the system wasn't supposed to be
used that way. The leader was supposed to get support & info from the AAPL
so she (the leader) could continue to help the mother. If that is what
happens YOU don't make any recommendations to the mother. And, if not,
where is the conflict?
Good luck! Margot C.Mann IBCLC, LLLL, New York.