From:
Melissa Brancho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 12:12:37 -0400
Catherine,

I can't find your e-mail address but would very much like to talk with you about your
posting on my decision with mom.  Please, all others try to understand that I am dealing
with a mom that felt she needed no more LC help (so really wasn't refusing to help her),
Mom and myself have had no hard feeling or words (both are fine with decision) and Ped
that gave diagnosis of low glucose despite weight gain and without checking glucose
levels at all has been involved in malpractice issues surronding misdiagnosis before
(currently he is involved in a suit pending pertaining to his misdiagnosis and poor
treatment that alleg. has caused cardiac damage in an asthma patient).  I was up for
three nights over this case and felt I made the best decision for all concerned.  I am
not IBCLC, yet, am not RN or anyone who has medical background and felt that someone
should be working with her that knew what to look for incase of future problems.  I was
happy to provide her with a referral with and RN IBCLC tied to home nursing but she
declined.

I would also like to mention that I got very very few responses from my postings in this
matter and fear that now that I have posted the outcome I will be endlessly criticized
for my decision in a band wagon manner.  Hoping that it takes place privately and not on
this list.  I made what I thought to be the best decision based on the knowledge and
information that I had, I stand by that decision.
--
Melissa Brancho
The Nursing Corner