From:
"Kim Balzer." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 20:35:32 -0400
Hello everyone. I am an LLL Leader and we have a mother in our Group whose
sister-in-law is HIV-positive. She is also pregnant. She would like to
breastfeed but has been told she can't because of her HIV+ status. The only
info I have on the tranmission of the AIDS virus through breastmilk is in THE
BREASTFEEDING ANSWER BOOK from LLL which was published in 1991. This
information is probably dated. If anyone has any current information about
this it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Kim Balzer