From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 21:05:48 -0500
G'day all

Recently an LC friend of mine commented that she noticed a big increase in
the numbers of babies with sucking problems when the hospital she covers was
using oral Vit K.  When they returned to the IMI route the numbers declined
noticably.  I presume they were using the injectable solution squirted into
the baby's mouth, as that is what we do at our hospital when a mother
requests oral administration.

Has anyone else noted any similar problems?
Any of our pharmacists like to comment on the suitability of using the
injectable solution orally?

TIA
Denise Fisher
Brisbane, Queensland