Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:39:58 -0500
>Deviating from the accepted procedure, or from the manufacturer's
>recommendations, is one of the #1 no-nos from a legal and/or quality
>assurance standpoint.

Marie, this is truly tragic, isnt it?  And one of the major reasons that
mothers and babies in the US will be robbed of a healthy breastfeeding
experience for many years to come.

Anyone in the health(?)care community (or hospital) who wishes to prevent
breastfeeding can be comforted that she/he is within "accepted procedures."
And there certainly is no urgency in making oneself knowledgeable about
breastfeeding assistance.

But, you know, someone must be courageous enough to paint outside the lines
or we will get nowhere.  There wouldn't *be* an Evert-it if someone hadn't
taken that syringe and turned it around to good effect.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where I've had a week of frustration with the
conventional medical community.
Mailto:[log in to unmask]