From:
Susan Hergert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 06:59:24 -0800
Chris Hafner-Eaton said as she spoke of homeopathy:

"If desired, I would gladly provide a much longer explanation as to the
theory behind how these work."

Chris,
Are you on the speakers circuit yet? I'd love to hear you at ILCA or
AWHONN or MANA. If I saw you listed as a speaker on this topic, I'd make
it a point to attend!

By the way, discounting a certain type of medicine, as if "only the kind
I use is valid"
is, IMHO,  flaming. Pure and simple.

In my neck of the woods I can see a very capable homeopath who is also
an MD but....one of the beautiful things about homeopathy is that is is
a "peoples" medicine. It requires no prescription. That does not make it
ineffective. I use it with my family. It works. If a mom asks me about
it, I will refer her to some very fine texts on the subject.

Let's face it, most of what we know about how health and healing work we
know from experience. In fact, theoretical understandings have not
served medicine, and particularly obstetrics, very well at all. If they
did we'd not be in the seige of a 25% Cesarean rate.

Susan Keith-Hergert RN, MS, CPN, IBCLC, PLA