From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:17:40 -0500
At 09:56 PM 3/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>The doc is making her mix the two together in the SNS.....
>
>Making her??!!  or what - stand in the corner or take her child from
>her?  Parents need to be empowered to seek second opinions when they are
>given advice (or orders) to do something that doesn't seem/feel right!
>This really makes me mad.

Imagine how upset I am. :(  She is very taken by the scare tactics this
physician used on her- telling her if this 7 *month* old child did not gain
at least 7 OUNCES by the end of last week he would be hospitalized.  Which
he of course did not.  I told her many times this wan a completely
unrealistic weight gain for a 7 month old.  She was scared.  He was
hospitalized and placed entirely on formula, underwent unnecessary (IMO)
tests, and he gaines 'enough' to be released.  The doc prescribed this
regimen of mixing the two, and if baby continues to 'gain' to his
expectation on the mixture, she can then use all bmilk in the SNS....  this
mom has plenty of milk.....

anyways, it is very very frustrating. :(
Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor, BSN Student