Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:21:48 -0500
I just wanted to write a quick note of thanks.  Saturday night I got a
helping call from a new mom.  Her baby was born early Wed. evening.
Breastfeeding had started off well, but now that they were home the baby
was fussy and refusing one side and a bit on the sleepy side.  I think she
just needed some support and I also went over some basic things.  She
mentioned that the baby was circed before they left the hospital Friday.  I
asked if anesthetized the baby for the procedure.  They hadn't.  It was
comforting for her to know that some babies "shut down" for a bit after the
procedure and that may be why he seemed out of sorts.  I'll call tomorrow
or the next day to see how things are going.

I learn so much from reading all your posts.

Alicia, LLLL in the Bluegrass (Lexington, KY)
aka Post Poster and AS for Kentucky
and academic nomad
mailto:[log in to unmask]