From:
Rene R Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:03:50 -0400
Hi everyone,
        I agree with Linda that we should be looking at real breasts and
talking to the women who are attached to the breasts but that's not how the
exam works.  When we see a photo we won't be able to speak to the mother,
we will have to make our decision from only the picture.  Looking at a
clinical photo and making a decision for the exam and talking to the mother
and making a decision for the mom are not the same.  I have been a leader
for 7 years and I have seen many mom's and baby dyads, but I have not seen
a lot of problems.  I usually talk to the mom on the phone and work with
her from there, possibly never seeing the problem because by the time the
meeting rolls around the crisis is over.

         I want as much information to study by as possible.  Some of the
photos are tricky and I would like practice before the exam.  I think it
is more about test taking then trying to learn from the pictures.  I would
never look without talking, the mother can tell you so much by her
discription of what she is feeling.
        So if anyone has some clinical photos for me to look at I would
love it!  Well let me get back to studying.

Rene Fisher, BA, LLLL, exam canidate (IBCLE wanabe)
Middletown, NY